Best ATV Battery Reviews – The 2017 Buying Guide
The function of the battery and the charging system of your ATV is dependent on each other. These components have a different purpose but are designed in a way to serve the purpose of effective mobility of your vehicle collectively. The incredible thing about the use of ATV batteries is that they are designed in a way to keep your vehicle moving even in extreme conditions.
To purchase a battery, you must consider few rational facts, i.e., charging duration, its warranty and ability to cope with natural calamities and changes. ATV batteries are also known as lead acid batteries which mean they are composed of lead plates, oxide, sulfuric acid and water solution. The batteries are mostly looked to as an energy tank of gas that should be topped off regularly.
In most cases, the ATV charging system will perform this operation, but in some cases, the operator must take responsibility for charging the battery. All-terrain vehicles do not rely more on electrical power so you must consider using a modern battery type that can handle vibration, and regulate the heating system of the engine.
Moreover, the size of the battery is another important fact to consider because if a battery does not fit properly in your ATV will not work. In short, the purpose of the battery on most ATVs is built to deliver maximum output in a short period time (so make sure you have the best ATV tires too). Batteries play a major role in stabilizing the voltage on the DC power bus, thus helping all components on the battery to operate without breaking the power system of your vehicle.
There are two basic types of battery technology that is preferred for use on ATVs today, i.e., conventional (also known as flooded) and AGM —short for Absorbed Glass Mat. All other terminologies are simply different ways to describe these battery types.
We have comprehensively compiled the top six ATV batteries that will provide you with the balanced information and help you to purchase the battery that best suits your needs.
Top 6 Best ATV Battery Reviews
This is among the most top rated batteries that are maintenance free, have stable characteristics even in high temperatures, they are powerful and highly efficient. Moreover, this battery has a long life span and is budget friendly. GEL Ytx5l-bs Gtx5l-bs is a TRUE DEEP CYCLE that can easily fit in your ATV.
This battery can be easily transported by ground or air as no special handling regulations are to be followed. The battery is designed in a way that ensures it is tightly sealed and makes it maintenance free. Therefore it saves you from the trouble of checking the electrolyte balance in the battery. The true seal feature ensures that no hazardous gases/fumes escape the battery, these gasses are processed in the battery itself.
- Dimensions(mm): 114mm (4.5") x 71mm (2.8125") x 106mm (4.1875")
- Factory Activated Gel Battery.
- Sealed Maintenance Free.
- No acid pack needed.
- GEL sealed (Non-Spill able) requires no addition of water during the life of the battery.
- Battery Type: YTX5L-BS Voltage: 12
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, this ATV battery promises much more. Some of the benefits are enlisted below:
- Sealed configuration, colloid electrolyte, and leak-proof.
- It is an environment-friendly product that adds no acid mist and pollution to the environment when charging and discharging.
- High capacity: 10-20% higher comparing to that of VRLA.
- Good at charging acceptance.
- Long life span for charging/discharging, cycles up to 800-1500 times.
- Industrial cost per unit capacity is lower than VRLA, yet economic benefits are higher.
It is an excellent choice of battery for your ATV. It fits perfectly and can be mounted in any position. The best thing about this battery is that it demands no maintenance, you don't need to add fluid or maintain the electrolyte balance unlike required by other batteries. Ready to go, right out of the box. It also costs a lot less than the ones in the local stores. The customers who bought this battery recommend it to others also mainly because they are available at a great price, and store and work great right off the bat.
YTX14-BS is a sealed lead-acid (SLA) absorbed glass mat (AGM) rechargeable battery. AGM sealed lead acid batteries are the most preferred batteries in the market because of their high-performance rate and no malfunctioning as compared to other batteries.
This battery comes already charged with a true seal, and it is easy to install. The absorbed glass mat technology makes this battery maintenance free, which means you don't have to add water or keep check for the optimal level of water yourself. This battery is tested on various parameters to ensure its safety, effectiveness, compatibility and optimal performance.
- Voltage: 12 Volt.
- Amperage: 12 AH.
- Chemistry: SLA, AGM.
- Terminal: Nut & Bolt.
- Battery Dimensions: 6.00 in x 3.44 in x 5.75 in.
- Weight: 9.92 Lbs.
- 1 Year.
- Genuine Mighty Max battery Product.
YTX14-BS is a battery with high-performance rate and have many benefits to offer. Enlisted below are some of the benefits of YTX14-BS battery that you must know about.
- SLA / AGM spill proof battery has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperatures, long service life and deep discharge recovery.
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting, high performance in high and low temperatures.
- Backed by a 30-day refund policy and full one year warranty.
- Dimensions: 6.00 inches x 3.44 inches x 5.75 inches. Polarity: Positive on the left, Negative on the right. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included.
YTX14-BS is a 12V 12AH 200 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery. Getting YTX14-BS battery for your ATV is a sensible choice and well worth the price. It will ensure its optimal power supply for your vehicle without any malfunctioning. Moreover, it is has a long life span which means you won't have to spend large amounts of money to buy new batteries after every year. The installation is very easy, and you can mount them in any position.
This performs the function of a maintenance free battery that comes with an acid bottle that activates the charging system of the battery. The good thing about this kind of battery is that it gets automatically sealed once it gets activated and you don't need to worry about its maintenance. A per demand it has excellent in-built shocks and vibration resistance.
What is included in it?
The battery itself is a complete charging package for your ATV vehicle. The features of the battery can be identified as follows:
- It offers voltage of maximum 12V.
- The volume of acid in the battery is 0.45.
- Its overall capacity is calculated to be 8 Ah (20 H.R.)
- It comes with an acid bottle and bolts to seal the battery.
The overall benefits of the battery can be stated in terms of being a gel sealed battery that saves your maintenance cost. The other incredible feature of the battery is that no hazardous fumes escape into the atmosphere when the battery is fully charged because the gases are processed within the battery.
These are also known as the AGM lead acid batteries and are amongst the top rated batteries in the market. The overall assessment can be summed up in the provision of maintenance free operation. Unlike other batteries, it is considered as the environment-friendly product.
The battery discharge good performance and stable characteristics even in extreme weather conditions. It has a long life span and is budget friendly too. So if you are looking for a durable and balanced battery then this battery should be your pick.
This YTX9-BS is a sealed lead-acid battery that falls under the category of absorbed glass mat rechargeable battery. The AGM and GELL battery have the same acid composition and almost share the same features. Unlike the first one, this battery comes charged which makes the installation task easier for you without getting directly exposed to the acid.
What is included in it?
- It has a voltage of about 12V, and it is rechargeable.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- It can be placed in any direction without the fear that the acid inside would split.
- YTX9-BS is an 8AH 135 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Battery.
The overall benefits of the product can be stated as follows:
- It resists shocks and vibrations effectively without hampering the overall functioning of the battery.
- It offers durable and result-oriented performance in both types of hot and cold climatic conditions.
- It ensures the safety and security of its users.
- It has a long life span and deep discharge recovery.
The size of the battery might seem small, but it has a great plus value and plenty of power. It not only gives the required effective output but is also a budget friendly product. All you need to do is activate the battery and then forget about its maintenance as its maintenance free.
This battery has both the features of the sealed lead acid battery as well as absorbed glass mat battery. This feature maximize the output. All three products most likely share the common features as they all belong to the same category of batteries. However, the only negative thought associated with them is that they are adaptable to only ATV and some other which makes it a restricted choice.
What is included in it?
- Its voltage is 12V.
- The amperage is calculated to be 3Ah.
- It carries with it one year warranty.
The greatest benefit of the AGM technology is that the acid inside the battery is completely absorbed between the plates as a result of which no spillover takes place. This, along with the valve regulated spill-proof design of our batteries allows trouble-free, safe operation in any orientation.
To state overall, it is an environment-friendly product that ensures a quality journey as well as goes light on your budget. The only issue that is reported is the tightening of bolts otherwise it's a safe product to use for journeys due to its deep discharge recovery.
This is again a product that can easily cope with worst weather conditions and protect the vehicle against some serious corrosion and avoid seepage. It is one of the most recommended and reliable batteries that you can solely depend on for traveling on long journeys. It is also considered as a maintenance free battery for the customers because it never needs refilling as compared to other batteries.
- It falls under the category of AGM.
- It is non spill able hence making it safe and secure for use.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- Offers high cranking power, minimal internal resistance, and maximum power.
- Can be used immediately and not need activation procession.
Overall the product is inexpensive and meets the customers' expectations by maximizing the output and staying charged for a longer period of time. It's reliable, rugged and dependable quality makes it the best choice for customers. The other good thing about this battery is that it can be put immediately to use without prior activation.