Are you interested in putting together a vehicle audio system that will grab everyone’s attention and be “that guy” ? If this is the case, you’re going to need to choose the right components and speakers. If you really want to take things to a whole new level, you will want to fit your system with subwoofers! The subwoofers on this list will help you win that competition with speakers that boast clear precise sound quality.
Our Top Pick
What are Competition Subwoofers?
These types of speakers are capable of producing a massive thump, and there’s nothing more satisfying than your entire vehicle shaking, right? There are many different types of competition subwoofers and they all offer something unique. Within this guide, you’ll be able to discover how to choose the awesome subwoofers for your car’s audio system.
Top 5 Best Competition Subwoofers
Here’s our breakdown for competition subwoofers:
If you are looking for a subwoofer that can add a whole new dynamic to your vehicle’s sound system, then you need to check out the Kicker 10C104. This is speaker is truly great for the price. It thumps like a rabbit and you will hear and feel the power of this speaker without breaking the bank.
This speaker is capable of replacing any old factory system with ease. You will simply not be disappointed with the price of the performance of this subwoofer.
This speaker only weighs 9.1 pounds, which makes it a perfect replacement for your factory-installed speakers. The dimensions of the speaker are 11” x 11” x 6.4 inches. You should also know that you get a 1-year warranty included with the purchase of this speaker. This is something that you just cannot beat.
This subwoofer has lots of features and you will learn more about them below.
The subwoofer comes equipped with a 360-degree back bracing for hard-hitting action, without any distortion. The Kicker 10C104 also has a vented pole piece that allows the extra heat to vent out, instead of being trapped inside. If the heat is trapped inside the speaker it could potentially damage the speaker.
The ribbed foam offers long excursion that keeps the cone on target. The speaker is also double stitched to ensure that the speaker does not come apart at the seams. The Kicker 10C104 has spring loaded terminals, which makes the wiring of the speaker incredibly easy.
If you are on a fixed budget and searching for an inexpensive woofer, you should look no further than the Kicker 10C104 Comp.
While aesthetics genuinely does not play a huge role in how well a speaker will perform, it still is important to any music enthusiast.
If you are currently searching for a superior designed subwoofer that will offer you awesome sound, you should look no further than the Skar Audio ZVX-18v2. Seriously, this thing rocks. Just check the Amazon Reviews.
Below you will discover the specifications and dimensions of this subwoofer.
The Orion’s top-mount depth is 11 9/16” and the overall diameter is 18 inches, so keep these measurements in mind, when you consider purchasing this product. You will need a 2 Ohm amplifier for the Skar Subwoofer.
The subwoofer bass performance is jaw dropping and ground shaking. The RMS power range is 1,600 watts, which is plenty high enough for almost anything. Skar audio is really making a name for themselves with this. I really do think this is the best subwoofer on this list if you have the money for it.
This subwoofer is equipped with dual voice coils. The power handling peak is 3,200 watts and the sound sensitivity level is 88.6 dB. The X-Max is estimated to be around 29mm with a total travel of 3” peak to peak.
If you are looking for an extremely awesome bass subwoofer, you should look no further than the Skar Audio ZVX-18v2.
Are you looking for a great, inexpensive competition subwoofer that will be able to blow all the competition out of the water? If so, then you need to be looking at the Power Acoustik MOFO.
This is truly a great speaker with lots of power and tons of features. With this speaker installed in your vehicle you will literally be able to make the windows shake.
These speakers are reasonably priced, but the quality is outstanding.
The Power Acoustik speaker weighs 32 pounds. The dimensions of the speaker are 9” x 9” x 9 inches and they are 15 inches in depth. You should also be aware of the fact that you get a 90-day warranty with the purchase of this speaker, which is not bad considering its price tag.
This speaker has a power output of 3,000-Watts max and 1,700 Watts RMS. It also has 8-gauge compression wire terminals that will ensure you that your wires will stay nice and tight, while your speakers are thumping.
The Power Acoustik also has aluminum reinforcement fins with an aluminum dust cap. This is going to increase the longevity of your speaker’s life, by keeping out all those dust particles.
This subwoofer comes with double stacked magnets that are 340 ounces strontium ferrite and it also has dual conex spiders. The 2.5-inch 4-layer coil on aluminum former will definitely offer a lot of durability.
The Power Acoustik is very affordable, but the warranty is slightly limited. Of course, if you follow the installation, mounting, and operation instructions to a tee, you should receive a long service life from this subwoofer.
When attempting to design and install your very own vehicle audio system, it is a good idea to seek out customization. You’ll want to be able to select every component carefully. The Planet Audio AC15D Competition Car Audio Subwoofer is a great choice for your custom car audio systems. This can also be classified under cheap competition subwoofers. Don’t underestimate saving some money!
This subwoofer is one of the best car competition subwoofers because of its awesome price, amazing quality, great reviews, and slick blue logo look. This can help you put together the precise type of speaker system that you desire. Despite all of this, these subwoofers are very affordable and budget friendly! Also, in case you didn’t see above, they come with a 3 year warranty.
This speaker unfortunately only comes in 15 inch diameter. It is not as flexible with many different sizes like the other speakers on this list. However, we still think this speaker rocks the night away.
These are also dual voice coil woofers. In order to ensure that these woofers will last you an extensive period of time, they’re equipped with wide rubber surround. They’re protected from oxidation to ensure that Mother Nature doesn’t cause them to malfunction.
When taking a look at the specifications of these subwoofers, you will find that they’re extremely efficient and can present you with astounding bass quality. The RMS rating of 1050 watts is thoroughly impressive! These woofers can take a lot of power and transform it into awesome bass sounds, even at low frequencies. Regardless of your listening preferences and genre of choice, these speakers will be able to provide you with exactly what you’re after!
These subwoofers have a customizable trim ring and also feature a foam surround. Foam surrounds are uncommon on speakers, but have some great benefits, including less wear and tear and more balanced sound. The frequency response is 25 Hz to 360 Hz, which should serve most consumers admirably. If something goes wrong, during this period of time, you’re covered and will be able to get them repaired or replaced free of charge!
Overall, there is a lot to like about the VM Audio Encore Competition Car Audio Subwoofer. Although they aren’t our top pick, they’re definitely one of the best on the market and worth the money! They’re durable, reliable and the price is more than justifiable. These woofers might not be ideal for experts and longtime enthusiasts, they’re more than good for beginners! Be sure to check out the VM Audio Encore Subwoofer in more depth today!
Are you looking for a competition grade SPL subwoofer that can take you to the top? If so, then you need to consider the DS18 TM-SN18 Troublemaker. With this subwoofer you will be able to break all the competition records and thump wherever you go. These speakers are capable of handling sound pressure levels above 170dB. These speakers will not disappoint you.
These speakers weigh 80 pounds each, so they are pretty heavy. The dimensions of the speakers are 19” x 19” x 25 inches and are 14 inches deep. One thing to keep in mind is that the speaker does require a 12-volt battery for operation.
The DS18 has an amazing power output of 7,500 Watts max power and 5,000-Watts RMS power. This speaker is also equipped with 6 high strength neodymium magnets, which will offer a superior sound quality.
The DS18 has a 4 inch black aluminum 6-layer voice coil, which is a pretty big voice coil, when compared to other brands. It also has a 6-layer spider intended for long time use.
If you have the extra cash to spend, you should definitely invest it into this subwoofer. Just use caution, when you play these too loud, because there is a good chance you might get arrested.
Competition Subwoofer Buying Guide
Many individuals will make the mistake of focusing specifically on the price, when purchasing their subwoofer. Although price is an important factor, it is one that can be ignored to some degree. Obviously, a more expensive subwoofer will provide you with a better audio experience, but this isn’t the only thing to consider. Put that figure on the backburner and look at the other characteristics below. By doing this, you will be able to make a much more informed decision, which will serve you better.
- Durability – Durability and reliability are extremely important! You don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a subwoofer and then have it be blown out when it is first used! Make sure that the woofer is well crafted and manufactured with extreme precision and high quality materials. This will help to improve the product’s longevity and overall value!
- Warranty – Although the warranty isn’t going to impact the woofer’s performance, it is vital and will help to provide you with a little added peace of mind! A 1-year warranty is standard, but you should definitely try to find one that is a little bit lengthier. This will ensure that the product will serve you for an increased period of time.
- Power Handling – The woofer’s power handling capabilities are absolutely vital. This figure will come in two figures, RMS and maximum power handling. The maximum power rating will tell you how much power the woofer can handle at once. The RMS speaks to the amount of power that can be handled throughout operation. Typically, the RMS figure is much more important.
- Ohm Impedance – This figure is absolutely vital! In order to make sure that your woofer is going to be compatible with your amplifier, both need to have the same ohm rating. The majority of competition car subwoofers will have an ohm rating of 4, but 2 and 8 are also available.
- Voice Coils – When attempting to choose a subwoofer, the voice coil number may or may not be important to you. If you are going to be wiring your own woofers, you might want to choose a dual voice coil woofer. If you want a simplified installation, you should choose a single voice coil.
- Dimensions And Size – Choosing the biggest subwoofer is always ideal, but this isn’t always possible! Since you’re going to be installing the system in your vehicle, you will only be able to work with a limited amount of space. It is a good idea to select the biggest woofer possible. However, you should not ignore those smaller woofers, because they can produce very likeable results, when all of the parameters are right! The most common size is 10 inches. Another common size is 12 inches for the competition market. Many of the speakers on this list come in 10 inch competition subwoofer variations. Check the Amazon listings for more information.
- Frequencies – In order to produce excellent bass quality, it is a good idea to inspect the frequency range carefully! These figures describe the lowest sound frequency that the woofer can produce.
- Your Enclosure – The majority of subwoofers do not come with an enclosure. Therefore, you will need to purchase one separately. When doing this, you will have several options available to you, including sealed, ported and bandpass. If you want deep and thoroughly accurate sounds, you’ll want a sealed enclosure. If you want louder sounds, the ported and bandpass enclosures are better options.
You should also take the time to explore the various types of subs. Remember that there are component subs and enclosed subs. Both are suitable for a component system. When you purchase this type of woofer, you will only receive the speaker. You’ll be required to purchase the enclosure and power source additionally. The enclosed subs come with their own prefabricated enclosure, which can make your purchase a little less stressful. A little bit of research and knowledge is required to purchase both!
At the end of the day, purchasing a woofer isn’t straightforward or easy. Of course, putting in the effort and work is worth it and will help to ensure that you get a better product for your money! With all of the information that you have found above, you should have a much easier time making the right purchase for your specific preferences, budget and desires!